- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Free shipping over $99
- No hassle returns
BUTYRIC ACID WITH NUTRIENT SYNERGISTS TO SUPPORT GUT HEALTH
• Generate butyrate and other short chain fatty acids3
• Significantly lower gas production when compared to other prebiotics4
• Help reduce oxidative stress
- Nutritional Information
- How to use
• Butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid (SCFA), is the primary fuel for epithelial cells of the colon and helps to maintain intestinal barrier integrity.
• Tributyrin is a highly bioavailable form of butyrate, providing a superior half-life and increase in plasma levels compared to supplementation with sodium butyrate.
• The sustained increase in plasma levels of butyrate with tributyrin supplementation may allow for more systemic and epigenetic effects of butyrate.
• In addition to maintaining the intestinal barrier and reducing intestinal inflammation, butyrate has also been associated with multiple metabolic effects, and may play a role in weight and glycemic control, as well as supporting insulin metabolism.
• Multiple models suggest tributyrin protects the liver and intestinal barrier from a variety of insults, including ethanol and bacterial toxins.
Gut Fuel supplies tributyrin, as ButyraGen™ a butyrate generator. Upon breakdown by gut enzymes, it supplies the postbiotic butyrate, the primary fuel of colonic cells. Butyric acid is a naturally-occurring 4-carbon fatty acid formed in the healthy colon from the fermentation of dietary fiber by friendly bacteria.
Gut Fuel also contains complementary antioxidants in the form of mixed carotenoids (a source of vitamin A), calcium and magnesium. In addition, this product provides pantothenic acid, necessary for the synthesis of acetyl CoA.1 Inhibition of the acetyl CoA pathway has been associated with impaired butyrate synthesis
- One (1) to two (2) capsules with each meal as a dietary supplement or as otherwise directed by a healthcare professional. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- If you are on medication, check with your doctor or pharmacist about any potential interactions.